View Single Post
Old 07.14.2008, 08:34 AM   #72
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
it is not removed from youtube, you're on crack

it's from pompeii when roger is beating the shit out of the cymbals/gong

It's most likely my work blocking access to YouTube again. That'll teach me to skive off work and trying to watch videos on company time. I wish I could using being on crack as a reason for my fuckwittery, but let's face it, it's more likely that I'm finally going gaga.

Ah, so it was "Pompeii" after all - when I'm back home from my Czech class later on tonight, I'll check that out. I really do need to buy this again on DVD; I've watched it a few times on You Tube now, but it'd be nice to have a proper copy of it on disc.

I'd actually forgotten that Roger Waters whacks the cymbals as well on "Saucerful..."....there's a nice bit, if memory serves, where Roger W is in full gong-abuse mode, and he's silhouetted by the blazing Italian sun. Nice. I've always liked the last part of "Saucerful" - the build up with the B minor/G major organ chords, then going on to the epic space-riff bit which everyone them joins in on towards the final climax.

Final note: At the Converge gig last night, I was chatting to my mate in between bands, and the DJ was playing something oddly familiar, which turned out to be some dub band doing a reggae version of the whole of "Dark Side Of The Moon". Bit of an odd concept, but from the bits I caught, it worked pretty nicely, all in all.