View Single Post
Old 10.19.2015, 10:28 PM   #47341
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
been on this late Kyuss early QOTSA kick. some of my favorite guitar playing.

Kyuss and the circus leaves..
qotsa s/t album
Rated R

the new EODM is ok. it might get better like Like Clockwork/ and the first Qotsa album is still the most fun. I mean those riffs and tunes. good stuff. it's Stooges worthy.

Fuck yeah first Qotsa album + Rated R...

I have to admit, I kinda fell off with Songs for the Deaf. Dave Grohl started turning up... things got really "alternative rawk" really fast. The craziness that I loved about the first two records was replaced by all this pretty basic rock stuff.

I mean, Them Crooked Vultures was a supergroup with Jimmy Page. It doesn't really get more trad rock than that.

I still think they're better than most modern rock-type-stuff bands (ugh.. Wolfmother is celebrating some 10th anniversary of why I'm certain is their only hit... Why?), and I still love Kyuss, but at this point I don't even read Qotsa articles. The name doesn't register as something I consider read-worthy.

But those first two albums... God damn man! Stooges worthy is right. "Regular John" is one of the great opening tracks, fuck it all.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|