View Single Post
Old 06.26.2014, 01:43 AM   #14
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
theres an overflow of info and media. everyone is in permanent click distraction. every wants it to slow down but it wont.

baudrillard understood in his last book - he talked about the net and said that "free obligatory communication is unbearable" and how we all want it to be stopped and subject to the law of value. but it goes too fast.

there are no gaps anymore, no moments in which you want the thing but dont have it. theres just a noisey glut.

he has this other line about how we've "lost the vital secret" to our energies which is to never go all the way. its like when you binge drink and everyone pukes and cant remember it and gets sick. alternatively, if you sit in a quiet place, relax, and have just a bit short of the amount of alcohol you want to grasp for, you have the most amazing and wonderful time. true pleasure.

people talked about hauntology but even when i was young, i was getting into stuff from the early 80s and 90s, into a moment that had already past and existed as something else in my imagination. so that effect is still there and young people will explore and still feel that awe because they havent heard it all yet and there are still places on the trail ahead of them to discover.

music is for the young anyway, because we know that the brain changes and music is not as sensational and great for a 25 or 30 year old as it is for a 17 year old.

and i feel that the young are robbed of their rightful spaces by the gerontocracy.

i noticed that out of all the new underground genres that appeared in recent years, witch house, hauntology, hypnagogia, vaper etc. they are all characterised by almost no lyrics or vocals at all. it makes sense given the conditions. i also remember one night at 4am listening to radio 1 and hearing blocks of electronica and just thinking how the machines are doing it all themselves, and our input is such a small part of that.

anyway, for me, my interests shifted but im still pursuing the same thing, whatever it is. i just find it outside of music. something like punk is such an embarrassment because it is just history now, its like an old man with some antique thing.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|