View Single Post
Old 11.25.2011, 01:22 PM   #20
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Well, just because something is well known mainstream shit doesn't mean it can't be badass. Sonic Youth are pretty damned mainstream this day in age.

That said, I fucking hate Eric Clapton and think his playing sucks sans a couple Cream + Mayall songs.

In my mind Sonic Youth will always be on the periphery of the mainstream. Most of the bands I like are or were on the periphery. Sonic Youth are rock pioneers who didn't tick all of the boxes expected of them by the secular-minded boardroom of self-interested suits which mostly controls the music industry. I'm sure some of the choices come from the heart of the author a la Thurston Moore and Tom Verlaine, but the vast majority chosen are industry standards well known by the public as it was spoon-fed to them. Luckily some of us were broadminded enough to discover an alternative industry made up of individuals with a supernatural seminality unrestrained by mainstream protocols. An alternative industry the mainstream industry has scandalously been trying to suppress for decades.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|