View Single Post
Old 01.02.2011, 07:48 PM   #367
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
That was Taste of Tea, I think... but I dunno... I'm lazy too. ha

Either way they're all extremely well-made films.

I just really like Ishii's stuff because it's so explosive and lively. The editing and choice of framing is always really neat, and all of his films have a very quirky art design - but more like playful and fun quirky, and not poop-on-my-upper-lip Jim Jarmusch quirky. He's not afraid to change mediums, or significantly alter his way of telling a story throughout a film whenever he pleases. It's some really neat stuff, and is pretty unique from any director I've ever seen. It's really inspiring, and reminds me that every second of a film should be like candy in one way or another.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|