View Single Post
Old 01.02.2008, 09:52 PM   #462
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Below are the details on my 41st birthday party/show Saturday, January 12th at Bob's Java Jive. It will be the last Dead Air Fresheners show for some months as my wife will be giving birth to a baby boy a couple very short months later.

Saturday, January 12th at 9 PM

Room 220 Guitars presents:

An evening of tape-loops, bent ambiance, loungey experiments, and masked mayhem at the legendary soul of Tacoma Bob's Java Jive

2102 S Tacoma Way, Tacoma, WA

featuring the dulcet sounds of Icky Recordings artists:

Dead Air Fresheners
with membership representing nearly all of Interstate-5 from Seattle to Portland, this immortal Tacoma hot spot is the perfect middle ground for a board meeting of these masked chance determinists. Instruments described in the Portland Mercury as "a maddening quagmire of tape loops, synthesizers, and horns that sound like they've been engineered by aquatic mutants" join forces to play a pre-written score who's outcome is entirely dependent on the moment.

with special guests from Los Angeles, CA:

Your Drugs My Money
described by the San Jose's Anno Domin Gallery as "a collective of experimental artists and musicians from Los Angeles. They embrace the utilization of unconventional instruments and eerie undertones, that you could describe as an ambient durge." The Portland Mercury said of them: "Truly anything goes and the only thing that is certain is that it will be exceedingly loud and deliciously messy."

also Below PDX recording artist:

Mattress
A one man psychedelic lounge explosion, Mattress has the power to appeal to fans of the melodic and the bizarre in one stroke. Sunshine & Grease zine wrote of Mattress: "If Nick Cave had a bad dream with Suicide on the soundtrack. Over modest electronic backing Mattress reminds us that we can still sing without sounding garish or insincere. The sort of thing that’s eerily romantic and irresistibly weird."

and Tacoma's own ambient post-rock duo:

L.A. Lungs
a multi-gendered two piece who's members Leeward and Afterthought make their intimate, aleatoric, electro-love-drone in the wasps nest of the "city of destiny". Brief flashes of the familiar lead to stoned confusion lead to acoustic guitars lead to frequency phase hypnosis. They sing too, sometimes.

All that for a mere $2 at the door to the coffee pot!

Directions: I-5 to the 38th St. exit. Head west. Turn right at S. Pine St. (Guitar Center), then right at S. Tacoma Way. Bob's Java Jive will be on the right.

Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|