View Single Post
Old 10.05.2022, 11:28 AM   #25305
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I think that Reality Bites tried hard to ape some of the feeling that went into Douglas Copeland's novel Generation X.

My generation of people had begun to quit the "Career" job path, seeing it as a black hole sucking your soul out your ass and throwing it back up in your throat. The idea in Gen X that people work whatever they can get for 6 months, save $$$, then go do whatever they fucking want the remainder of the year, was a huge thing in late 80's early 90's. Not fully dropping out, but using the system to fund what you truly want to do.

Reality Bites hints at this between Winina's character vacilating between artsy director work, and corpo MTV work, and with Ethan's character being an over-educated bum basically.