View Single Post
Old 10.05.2022, 10:27 AM   #25304
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Empire Records is a terrible film, even by the low standards of its peers.
Singles does fumble the bag a bit with the whole “grunge” thing, but there’s some legitimately funny stuff in that movie.

And yeah, Eddie Vedder and Jeff Ament, I think, played members of Matt Dillon’s band Citizen Dick.
is it really bad? i cannot remember, i only remember zellweger's massive pout, lol. she used to get on my nerves for so long until finally i saw that judy garland film, and much respect to her in old age (lol), she can really act now that she gave up the bunny face. as a broken nervous wreck, she was fantastic.

but i think i'll watch empire records in my morning off today, if only to suffer lololol.

so i looked up singles and realized it's a cameron crowe film. i don't like his stuff generally. he's a boomer too, unlike the people who made reality bites, and apparently he had written the thing in the 80s and just refried it for the 90s. can't remember much, honestly, but i'll give it a look if i can find it cheap/free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Reality Bites was a bad film, but it was nice to see parts of Houston and recreated parts of houston.

the dive bar they go to was a re-creation of the old Axiom near downtown Houston. I saw so many bands there.

The shots outside of their house are from a street just a few blocks away from where I lived for 15 years.

In the movie, ethan hawke sells newspapers and shit at a kiosk in what is Tranquility Park (created to commemorate the Moon Landing). At the time they filmed this, that park was derelict, and used by the homeless as a campground and toilet. It has since been cleaned up and looks super nice.

I have always been in love with both Winona Ryder and Jeanene Garofalo.

the scene on the rooftop is bullshit. No one goes on rooftops in Houston. It is HOT AF and all that shit is off limits.

hah, nice! thanks for the insider look at the little details. it makes it more "real".
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|