View Single Post
Old 06.21.2017, 11:11 AM   #1290
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
One thing to remember is that American Gods was Gaiman's first novel. he had co-written Good Omens with Terry Pratchett, who helped Gaiman put his ideas into novel form as opposed to comic book script form.

The TV adaptation might be confusing to audiences who have not read the book, or do not have any exposure to mythological history and comparative religion, They also really make shadow's dead wife get more and more rotten! so grossssss. I think it may be the first TV show that deals with and shows sexuality in a organic and human manner, as opposed to using sexual attraction as a simple plot device.

Well, I'm certainly familiar with the book. It's one of only a handful of books that I've read more than once. I did not, however, realize that it came out before Neverwhere. I guess I never really thought about the chronology of his novels. Except I know that Norse Mythology (blech) is he most recent, and before that it was Ocean at the End of the Lane (great!), and before that it was Anansi Boys (which I honestly didn't care for much).
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|