View Single Post
Old 07.22.2013, 05:08 PM   #74
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
white-washed television is not racism, but it doesn't help. TV and m,ovies create our realtiy,a s stupid as that is, but it is true for a great many people.

what they see on TV and movies, (blacks and hispanics playing roles of criminals, junkies, gays, thugs, homeless, servants, etc. far more often than they play roles which normally go to white actors) is how many people perceive reality to be. I don;t believe the hype.

Most writers for television are white males. they can only write about what they personally have experienced, which is the privileged, white existence they enjoy in the USA. believe me it is true.

as a hispanic who looks white as fuck, I see it all the time, and I see how my fellow 'panics are treated differently from me, just because I am pale and have red hair. prejudice is pervasive, and that is the issue, not racism. racism is prejudice in action. prejudice is taught.

well, the AT&T 4G commercial that's been airing right now shows a bunch of kids of all colors talking about slow vs. fast turtles or infinity plus infinity but if you notice (it's subtle) it's always the white kid who has the "winning" answer while the brown kids serve as acolytes.

but to go from there to say this is why young lakotas are killing each other is too much of a leap.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|