View Single Post
Old 11.23.2008, 10:02 PM   #32
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWRA
I dunno... if I was an elitist I would have more confidence in my own judgement, I would have listened to Lil Wayne's music and thought it was disappointing and moved on. Instead I'm deferring my own judgement to other people's, thinking that they're right and I must be missing something (I don't really think the world is full of robots and I'm the only one who can see through the matrix or some bullshit).

I think intellectually 'slumming it' is worse than elitism anyway. Some music is just fucking dumb. I heard a Notorious BIG song a few days ago and he was rhyming about cumming on his stomach and having a prostitute lick it up. In a few years time someone will propose doing Notorious BIG studies at a shitty university and some professor guy will say 'no way, that music is dumb - and stop saying he's a poet' and he will be accused of being a stuffy elitist.

The same thinking attempted to condemn "Howl" as well.
noisereductions is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|