View Single Post
Old 06.02.2010, 01:53 AM   #17
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
That's neat. The song mostly makes me think of Deerhoof's cover of My Pal Foot Foot which sounds equally unlike the original.

But I have to amend my statement. I've also remember hearing Harmonizing With The Refrigerator and Demon, Detuned. I remember singling those out because I enjoyed the titles.

Both were severely inaccessible which is the germ of the charm. They flirt with quarter written riffs that are left behind almost immediately after their introduction but find resurgance at unseemly intervals. There's an almost amnesiac(not the album) quality attached, like the music is trying to remember what it is. The drums don't even attempt rhythm but would rather feign the idea under thinly veiled absurdity. It sounds Beefheart in theory but something else in execution. Scissor Shock in execution I suppose. The noise glitch thing at the end of Harmonizing reminds me of the middle of level one on Monster Party on the NES, when all of the happy plants and sky violently and painfully start shifting in an out of reality and are replaced with blood gushing skulls and deformed statues. It's almost irrelevant whether I like or dislike these songs. The result is the same.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|