View Single Post
Old 11.26.2006, 10:31 PM   #1018
Norma J
invito al cielo

Norma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's assesNorma J kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onani Nic
You know why independent stores are more expensive than say JB Hi Fi in Australia. Because the big stores have the power of purchasing in bulk. JB Hi Fi would get their CDs for half the price as your independent because they buy 100's of them.

Plus in the case of JB Hi Fi they put their prices down to begin with and spy on what the independents stock in order to try and put them out of business.

Their business tactic is to put everyone else out of business then put the prices up.

Sorry to sound like a wanker but I will never buy from major record stores as they don't really give a fuck about music.

Them independent stores could still put reasonable prices on their cds, but they don't because they want to make a more than reasonable profit. Which is fair enough, but the corporates want that too. Where as you get independent labels etc like Dischord who sell their albums for $10 when they could charge alot more than that and still sell albums, but they choose not to. Although, all this said, I was more referring to my town. We mainly only have independent secondhand stores here, and they buy cds for like $4 and sell them for $16 or so. When you can go to JB HIFI and buy it brand new for $18. Greed.

Edit - Oh and I over heard one of them stores in particular going on about how young people really don't like Tom Waits, and we just listen to him to look like artists as we drink cheap goon to help the facade. A fucken idiot is a fucken idiot whether independent or not. I'll always choose independents, but not if I'm going to be purposely taken for a ride / ripped off.