View Single Post
Old 04.16.2014, 08:37 AM   #8
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Houston Motherfucking Texas

Houston has a ton of "almost big" bands and musicians. I will try to mention some of the biggest I am familiar with

DJ Premier is from Houston, and Gangstarr was highly influential with their/his beats
Geto Boys - They scared the wanna-be gansta's with tales of true horror in the ghetto. Their shit is scary to this day. makes NWA look like the poser fucks they were Scarface is the most under-appreciated MC of all time.
DJ Screw - Took the syrup scene national, inspired countless imitators.

DRI - Originally from Houston (back when they were hardcore, not metal) and their first record set the tone for so many other fast-ass hardcore/thrash bands.
Pain Teens - One of the early experimental/industrial bands to really scare folks around Houston.
ZZ Top - classic swamp boogie. Untouchable.
Red Crayola - Psychedelic freakouts from way back, influenced many, not too known though
Jandek - Maybe THE outsider artist of the last 30 years?
Charalambides - Freakfolkscuzzrock .
Kings X - melodic power metal.
Kenny Rogers - did he get to fuck Dolly Parton?
Clint Black - Huge country star.
Lyle Lovett - He bones Julia Roberts, til he realized she was crazy.
Beyonce/Destiny's Child -...
Lightnin' Hopkins - Blues, baby. Blues.
Albert Collins - guitarist of the blues, extraordinaire