View Single Post
Old 10.03.2013, 07:15 PM   #985
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
sex sells. Kanye just wants sales. He claims artistic intent but the end results are pure fluff aimed at making 13 year old white kids think they are hip.

Stuff and nonsense.

Honestly, if Kanye was only interested in selling records, he would have made three more albums that were as comfortable and radio friendly as his first three. Instead, he made freaking 808's & Heartbreak. That surprised people, and was successful because of the first three albums. He lost as many fans as he preserved, but broke even because it's obviously a great record ("Robocop," bitches). Then, when being pretentious was threatening him commercially and making him a target for a lot of bullshit, he did the most pretentious thing he's ever done ( when I first heard the title was going to be "My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy," I was like, "REALLY, DUDE?" And thought that would be the end.

Nope. It's the most widely praised, and highly respected album since Kid A. Sold more than Kid A too. Didn't have a single that for anywhere on radio, but I can't imagine what a negative comment about the album would even sound like.

And Yeezus is just a deliberate attempt to weed out the pseudo fans and pitchfork hop-ons. Again, no radio, no pre-sales, and a marketing campaign that made no sense, and only made people hesitant about buying it.

Where, in all this, do you see sales-driven opportunism? Where is Kanye's Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog flavored Water-type album, released 6-months after it's predecessor to squeeze all the dough possible out of the kids before they get wise?

Tons of legitimately negative things can be said about Kanye. Pick one of those, rather than just calling him a whore. The argument doesn't hold water. J. Cole (Kanye jr., still in his "College Dropout" phase) is almost outperforming Kanye, sales wise. So why doesn't Yet just drop another comfortable, non-threatening college rap album?

Because he thinks his music is too good to sell well, and he doesn't give a fuck what anyone, fan or otherwise, has to say about it.

But I think I should stop arguing Kanye's merits on this board. I'm starting to feel, sound, and look like a broken record. Just agree with me dammit!!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|