View Single Post
Old 12.16.2012, 10:37 AM   #16891
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99

Still not quite sure what to make of this. One of the more interesting "newer" films I've seen. I was tired though and need to watch it again.

I admired the dreary landscapes and whatnot, but I found this to be a bit dull. The opening scene and the use of fog were the highlights for me. I honestly thought the acting was poor and overall I'm just not that crazy about Orson Welles. I know I'm being a little harsh, because this still isn't a terrible movie by any means necessary. I've noticed that lately I haven't been in the best of moods to watch movies. Also, if I want a film adaptation of Macbeth I'd rather watch the superior "Throne of Blood".

I love the Welles version. If I recall correctly from my AP lit class in high school. I was unnerved and transfixed by it, and it helped me finally develop a genuine interest in Shakespeare.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|