View Single Post
Old 09.20.2017, 09:45 PM   #19
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
Coincidentally (at least I don't think The Wire has anything to do with the goddamn Wall Street Journal )...

https://www.thewire.co.uk/in-writing...gative-reviews

ETA: This article works as part of a dialogue of sorts with the WSJ and Quietus pieces, both of which are mentioned.
the wall street journal is a good paper! try reading it some day

i'm not saying that i agree with its political positions but they actually still practice journalism and go gather facts and shit. their business and economics reporting is really impressive.

i got a trial subscription for labor day and they send me something like 20 newsletters per day with charts showing me the progression of rent inflation (higher than wage growth) and how at the edges of unemployment businesses are having trouble finding qualified applicants (bring more immigrants, i say) and innumerable other facts and trends that help me understand the world better in a way that no other publication does. (okay, maybe bloomberg is a match, but i don't have a subscription).

anyway, that article you posted is nice, it delves more into the aesthetic function of criticism but does not refute the wsj piece in any way, it actually deepens and reinforces and complements the original argument.

and props to the wsj for looking at actual FACTS and demonstrating a trend with verifiable evidence, which is what professionals do. their focus is business and industry so that's clearly their angle. nothing dumb about that piece or its approach to its subject.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|