View Single Post
Old 08.23.2017, 02:26 PM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
I haven't read the WSJ articoe but what type of a weirdo uses metacritic for album reviews?

I guess the reason that bad reviews don't exist anymore is that they became redundant now that all new music is represented in some way or another online. I think it serves fans best to have music reviewed by people who are interested in that type of stuff and if what they say sounds intriguing you can check it out for yourself within a few seconds of reading the review. The new bad review is an indifferent review.
I'm glad the days are gone of magazines getting people who don't like a thing to review that thing. It is a waste of everyone's time.

On the other hand, I do think it can be constructive when someone who is actually steeped in knowledge or is a particularly big fan of a certain artist or group does a thoughtful review mentioning that for whatever reason the newest release isn't quite up to standard or is a significant departure. Negative reviews can be funny, but I'd rather find out about what is worth my time rather than what isn't.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|