View Single Post
Old 12.19.2015, 12:02 AM   #1777
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
sometimes only louder seems like the only one here that can dig the classic R&B and get the connection. the rest of you come off as popist dweebs. like loving only the new/old trap beats trumps old soul stomping songs everytime with ya'll.

Hey, that's not fair. I love old R&B, and I love new R&B. I'm a fiend for Otis Redding, and was long before Ye and Hov dropped "Otis." I love Ray Charles, Al Green, James Brown... There's a lot of music I love that I don't get much of a chance to talk about here.

Trap doesn't even really appeal to me. I'm all about beats and production and originality. I don't even see it as a proper genre. It's more of a lyrical tradition.

But if you don't think trap and soul mix, listen to TREE... Or, Jesus, Ghostface!

That office space clip has been used to describe me more than once just in my time on SYG though, so... Fair enough on that. Well played.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|