View Single Post
Old 03.20.2014, 07:10 AM   #245
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by louder
http://pitchfork.com/news/54422-raek...versary-album/

"I would be the first one to say that we cannot leave everything in RZA’s hand no more," Rae says. "He has done his job to the greatest of his ability when we were younger, but now every man plays an imperative role in this situation. His plan was to do a more humble album. We was like, Nah. You can't do that with the hardest group in the game."

damn.

To me, this is the equivalent of John and Paul arguing over the direction of Let it Be. The fact that Ghostface wants in on the production is even reminiscent of George being like "Oi, assholes, obviously I'm ridiculously talented. Stop hogging the glory and making all the motherfucking decisions."

I hate to say it, but if there's an official Wu-Tang album coming out that RZA, Gza, Raekwon, and Ghostface all disagree about, then I almost don't want it being released under the Wu-Tang Clan name at all. If those four aren't on the same page about the album, it's going to be a failure before it even comes out.

Rae needs to be more open minded about what hip hop is, and where hip hop is at the moment. That said, RZA is a man to be trusted. He's been the driving force behind the band's musical direction since say one, so RZA being in charge is kind of the nucleus of Wu Tang, and the reason Wu Tang Clan records sound so different from the (equally badass) solo efforts. RZA knows what the fuck he's doing, and I really hate the idea of infighting within the Clan.

I'm afraid to listen to the song. This album is BIG for me. If louder is already calling it whack, then.... Shit. What a fucking disappointment.

I'm bummin' y'all.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|