View Single Post
Old 12.01.2006, 03:15 PM   #6
nomowish
children of satan

nomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's assesnomowish kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
Well, the movie is all from Ben's point of view, so once the affair ends and he goes up to Berkeley, you just naturally don't see her anymore.

Makes sense. But I was beginning to really sympathize with her; the scene where he tells her daughter about their affair was sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
The movie is also edited so that you don't really see much of the conversation in his date with Elaine. The main thing about her that he loves is the fact that she isn't filled with bullshit like everyone he knows. You don't really get to see much of the date, and I think it is purposeful, to make the viewer question why Ben goes up to Berkeley to marry a girl that he barely knows.

Elaine's definitely cute. So what you're saying is that it doesn't matter what we think about his supposed object of affection. This is the problem I've had with the Spider-Man movies: what is it about Mary Jane that's got this dude so sprung? And what is it about Kate Winslet's character in Eternal Sunshine that's so endearing?
nomowish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|