View Single Post
Old 04.14.2013, 06:27 PM   #276
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
His solo records always sounded to me like the soul of what made SY a great band was sucked out of them and replaced by the basic elements of his contributions to the band with his playing without the kick up the arse in terms of songwriting which he benefited by making music with Steve, Lee and Kim. Not terrible records but so insipid you forget when and where you've heard them almost immediately after you press stop. This one is like all his solo records but with musicians who sound just a little less anonymous than his solo efforts' contributors but not much.

I also agree. But I've seen Chelsea Light Moving four times and the material just doesn't really do it for me. I like the songs but... okay, for example, the Bowery Ballroom show. They played all of CLM songs but the show didn't even really begin for me until the encore when he played Staring Statues, Ono Soul, and Pretty Bad. Not his best solo material (I prefer Trees and Demolished) but in comparison to the CLM, the Psychic Hearts songs are just... to put it simply... better.
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|