View Single Post
Old 02.21.2010, 05:54 AM   #70
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
What was the response of the Muslims you interviewed to the fact that you were making such a film?
Weirdly, the common response was: "Oh great, about time, bring it on." Which I wasn't expecting. I remember when we were making the film, we had to shoot in a halal kebab shop. The owners asked to be there while we were filming, and I told them they could. But we eventually had to remove them from the room, because they were laughing too hard. Muslims in Britain like the idea that a lighter note might be introduced into the discourse. That's not why I made the film, but I was surprised to find that was their general response. Maybe it's cause I was mostly talking to younger people. The older ones might take a more dim view of some of this stuff.
"Four Lions" does not yet have U.S. distribution.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|