View Single Post
Old 05.05.2008, 07:02 PM   #18
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by whorefrost
"...the decision to drop Lee’s “Genetic” from “Dirty” resulted in a tense inter-band showdown, the biggest internal crisis of their career (according to Thurston)."

I remember hearing about this before, actually. In fact, there was some speculation that a clause was introduced limiting the amount of Lee songs that could be contributed to a Sonic Youth LP. Probably exaggeration, but will be interested to read more about this.

There's something mentioned about it in that Confusion is Next book... briefly. Something about Thurston saying SY had always been more of a Thurston/Kim vocal thing and them eventually agreeing on Lee not having more than 1-2 songs per album. Can't remember if that clause thing was mentioned in there, but I remember that speculation too. Anyway, I'll be interested to read more about it.

Quote:
In fact, “Murray Street” would have been called “Street Sauce” if Steve hadn’t objected. Since he put his foot down, “Murray Street” it was.

Hurray for Steve.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|