View Single Post
Old 05.19.2022, 10:14 PM   #42816
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
continuing,...

Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
I'm not doing any economics in my course (except for, currently, a work placement class I'm flunking), and even if I was I'd probably try and skip it because I think that the sort of people who study economics at uni...

ah yeah, "business types" maybe?

yeah i wasn't recommending it for the social scene lol, but as a basic form of literacy which... i think everyone should have. it's a fundamental reality too many people ignore. it's like... imagine if a majority of people were flat-earthers. we're that bad when it comes to our understanding economics.

economics is, at its best, a subspecies of philosophy, a kind of highly abstracted anthrophology and psychology, showing us how people behave under conditions of scarcity. it's really amazing shit.

and we are all under conditions of scarcity, because resources are always limited (right?) while desires are unlimited (of course). and to figure out how we go about solving that tension as a species... is really cool.

then again a university course might not be the best place to learn those things, not in that way anyway. instead of an intuitive grasp of ideas they might just give you formulas and boring equations to memorize, but that would depend on the teacher i guess.

i'd recommend some books for personal consumption but i imagine you're swamped right now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|