View Single Post
Old 11.18.2013, 08:10 AM   #6479
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
There was some study published recently that was a country by country comparison of gender equality and Japan came in at something like 110 out of 135, i.e. very low on the scale. So in that light it's kind of depressing that they're into pictures of beaten up women.

there's two countries i'm terrified of visiting-- one is japan, the other is austria. while they might have great reasons to go there (fish in one, coffee and pastries in the other) they seem to me, from afar anyway, very socially rigid, and therefore spooky.

apparently if you're a woman riding the subway (or whatever it's called there) you're gonna get a grope a minute. sounds fucking terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Whatever it all means in Japan there does seem to be a tendency amongst fans of that culture in the West to deflect questions about what they get out of it by dismissing any of its more controversial content as simply 'a Japanese thing', as though the reasons behind their own interest in it are somehow immune from criticism.

did you mean this about me or about ebolgoat or just in general?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|