View Single Post
Old 02.02.2018, 08:48 PM   #40973
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
Honestly, I've learnt through the years loyalty only gets you so far. You've worked your ass off for this current place, right? They offered a pay rise or recognised your hardwork? Doesn't sound like they did. And what are you gonna do? Spend your life there and at the end of it get a gold watch and a pat on the back? Fuck that. Fact is that you know your work/life balance is so fucked in this job (this is going off what you've said on here)

I've actually had the same pangs of guilt myself. The current job I'm in now pays double what I was on at the last job. At the time of being offered the job I was thinking "Shit. Can I leave this job? Feel like I'll be leaving them in the shit though. What if it goes to pot too!". Guess what changed after I left? Nothing. They got on with their jobs and carried on. Sure there are people I miss from there, but the happiness and quality of life I feel now far outweighs any guilt I may have at the time.

If it doesn't work out then there are other jobs out there. You've clearly built up a decent level of experience to be offered this job. Go for it. You'll only regret not taking it further down the line.

My 2 pence anyway.

You’re not wrong. I have literally bled in service to this job on multiple occasions. I have received two pinner raises and two pinner promotions over the last 3 years, and I’ve never complained. I know I can’t rely on loyalty. It’s a corporation after all. But they will be FUCKED without me. Been a lot of layoffs and firings and so on this year, and I’m the only staffer who edits, writes copy for any and all beats, manages freelancers, puts together publications from noting, and knows the ins and outs of our system. They will be in bad shape without me.

I’m hoping they hit me with a sweet counter-offer. Otherwise... I’m afraid I’m out.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|