Thread: Mental illness?
View Single Post
Old 06.24.2019, 05:42 PM   #10
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Things I know for sure:

I've had panic attacks, time and time again. The first one occured when I was 14. It felt like everything I had read about heart attacks. Around the same time I was starting to experience psychosomatic symptoms. That shit was kickstarted by an irritable bladder (you feel like you have to pee constantly because your brain sends signals to your bladder non-stop) that pretty much ruined my summer of 2005. Went to a psychologist because of both of those problems months later (By that time I had been to a doctor a few times and no physical causes could be determined). I've kind of learned to live with those problems since then. They do reapper from time to time, with different symptoms and guises but it's become easier to identify them.

Things I suspect but have no diagnosis to back them up:

I'm pretty certain that I've at least dealt with depressive episodes. I've had bouts where I pretty much hated myself and found it hard to motivate myself to do much at all. And I've had bouts were my room was a huge fucking mess and I found it hard to clean up. I also tend to get easily depressed in winter.

I'm also pretty certain that I'm introverted. As !@#$%! has mentioned, I do need my breaks after parties or extended times of socialization. I like meeting people I care about and I'm not averse to meeting awesome new people. It just drains my energy over time and I need to recharge it to be able to socialize again. So I carefully ration my days of socializing.

I have however realized in the last two years that the timespans where I just keep to myself and don't call or contact anyone have gotten bigger and bigger. Not sure if I myself am okay with that because sometimes I feel like I neglect people I actually care about. Whenever I can, I fight against it, but then there's these longer stretches where I just kind of isolate myself. That's not always the case, but it has gotten more prevalent for sure. I'm suspecting I might have developed some kind of social anxiety/fatigue after having had a few soured relationships (three friends and one romantic relationship) in a relatively short amount of time and the trust issues that have ensued (Not going into detail but I had to end one of those friendships myself and shoot down the proposal of another former friend to reconnect because things just got too much for me. The third friendship ended in mutual frustration I guess. And the breakup left me depressed and ridden with unnescessary self-imposed feelings of guilt for quite some time.).

Alright, that was a lot. Sorry. But it was somewhat cathartic.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|