View Single Post
Old 10.04.2006, 10:56 AM   #119
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
haydensache, you are like 12 years old. you weren't THERE so shut up. they wore what they wore because it is COLD in northwest USA. they wore flannel becauise the cold wet air chills you and flannels are perfect for it. stop showing your deep deep deep ignorance. I mean DEEP ignorance. punk bands wore what they owned, an to this day wear what they own and regularly wear anyway. that is part of the appeal of punk, that the guys on stage are JUST LIKE US, regular people who get up and rock, not dudes that have to put on some glam show like Bowie or prog rock or metalheads. (this excludes what I call Fashion Punks that still try to look like they live in 1977 London)

not everyone has a fashion. that is a stupid statement. the butthole surfers had no fashion. minor threat had no fashion. sonic youth has never had a "fashion", which does NOT mean Kim does not dress sytlish. They wear what they wear, and others copy them to become a fashion, you dig?

minutemen had no FASHION. you ask Mike Watt why he wore flannels and he will tell you exactly why, they are rugged, comfortable, and have two pockets with flaps so he can carry hi shit without it spilling out (he has said this many times).

ignorance is a slippery slope my friend.