View Single Post
Old 05.20.2016, 04:06 PM   #203
selkcip
bad moon rising

selkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's assesselkcip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I think I've identified my problem with the new version (I will not call it the "final" or "official" version) of "True Love Waits." It's the fact that the vocals are so completely front and center. I'd enjoy this interpretation of the song more if the vocal track took on the kaleidoscopic, ocean of sound feel of the background instrumentation. The vox should be turned down at the very least. Ideally, they'd be tweaked in some way to match the canvas.

Something about the lyrics, sung with such clarity and dominance in such a lazy way, makes me want to hear something else. The song would benefit from a "kid a" style vocal scramble of some kind. Done right, that might even put the thing over the edge for me.

it works pretty well as is. the song provides a feeling of relief, breathing easy. a sigh of relief. any additional activity would only clutter it up and disrupt the feeling of ease going on there. diff'rent strokes...
selkcip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|