Thread: Nine Inch Nails
View Single Post
Old 10.29.2018, 10:47 AM   #98
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
The shortest 'album' I've ever seen is Group Sex, by a punk band called Circle Jerks. It's all of 15 minutes long. By that standard, Bad Witch is definitely an album - but I don't accept it as one, because it was sold as an EP.

Add Violence > Bad Witch > Not The Actual Events, with all of them being about mid-range.

The Slip was the first full-length album that I looked at, no doubt because it was free. I'd probably say that it's a good introduction to NIN, because it covers most of the areas that they've reached beforehand.

Should really relisten to the soundtracks. I looked at HM for the first time in a while last week and, while it's not as bad as I'd initially thought, it's still unlikely to be one I'll choose to listen to.

Thanks to a compilation album that my dad had, that was the first NIN song I heard. It's brilliant.

I'm assuming that you've heard his 'remixes' on Further Down the Spiral?

Yes, I’ve heard all that stuff. Been a NIN fan since about 1992/93.

The Social Network and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo are essential NIN-fan fan listening.

I’ve strayed from the project in adulthood, but I go through phases and at one time NIN was up there with Sonic Youth and Radiohead for me.

Slip was your first? You sound like a youngen. Hah.
Out NIN experiences sound vastly different.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|