View Single Post
Old 01.18.2019, 09:33 PM   #50795
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
There are no wrong answers here, but Pink Flag is not straightforward punk.

It falls distinctly into the one or more of the avant- subareas at pretty much all times.

Dance-? Check. Art-? Check. It’s even got its atmospheric moments.

It’s not “Never Mind the Bollocks” ... or “The Clash.” Even at their first release, Wire was already well into the bizarro corners of the genre.

Yes, it’s punk. But it’s also more than that.

Might take multiple listens for that to resonate, but I think it will.

I'll certainly listen to it again. Maybe it'll click more then. Wouldn't be the first time. The Sound's "From The Lions Mouth" was such a case (which I absolutely adore these days, like top-tier love), or NYC Ghosts & Flowers if we're talking the Youff. But the latter is still a very divisive album. I digress. Yeah, it's not exactly like any of those bands. It's less poppy than a lot of those early Punk bands. It's more the speed and the overall approach that have lead me to conclude that. But yeah, it's more unkempt and certainly has a weird edge over said contemporaries. I can see that.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|