View Single Post
Old 01.18.2019, 06:54 PM   #50788
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Alright, listened to all of them now. And I might be called a blasphemer, but I did prefer Chairs Missing and 154 over Pink Flag. That might have something to do with my usual listening habits though. I've been very enamoured with the more gothy side of Post-Punk over the last decade (love the combination of a dominant bass-section and murky, ominous atmospheres). And I generally prefer my Punk with a certain extra flavor, whether it may be the Post-, the Dance-, the Art- or whatnot prefix, that's more my forte. Pink Flag is pretty much straightforward Punk. Nothing wrong with that, it just didn't immediately tickle my fancy as much as the other two did. I did however immediately love the drony weirdness and ominous echoes of "Strange" and I thought "Fragile" was a great followup despite the tonal shift, or maybe because of it. I will certainly give it another listen in the future, it might grow on me more with repeated listens. Chairs Missing and 154 however do have that atmospheric tension I seem to gravitate towards, so it was - at least for now - a more instantly gratifying listen. The 15th is great indeed. I generally like the feel and the structure of that particular album - it's positively weird and somewhat psychedelic. Chairs Missing too.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|