Thread: The Fall
View Single Post
Old 06.24.2008, 07:42 AM   #71
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not saying that's the reason amongst fans on this board, for example, but I do see his adoption by more mainstream media as stemming from a kind of unspoken, but no less felt, national pride.

Britain is an extremely nationalistic country which often gets misinterpreted because of the self-critical way in which that nationalism often emerges.

To make this point more credibly would take more subtlety than posts on a messageboard allow, but I am convinced of this underlying anxiety about an ongoing decline in Britain's cultural significance as providing at least a part of the reason for MES's increased status within, for example, the BBC and the broadsheets.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|