View Single Post
Old 08.27.2012, 03:17 AM   #11
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Colours are of course important to all of us, but music in thousand leaves doesnīt make me think pink. I think much more the pictures in it (specially that black and white picture in vinyl insert) creates the same atmosphere as the music in me.

I think itīs very hard to say, do the music create the same atmosphere as itīs in cover art or do the cover create some atmospere thatīs you connect to the music in album. Because when we buy an album, we always see the cover first (of course not if you first download it).

Anyway album covers has always been important to me. Specially 60-70 album covers are very great (of course there has been made great covers also after that period). I remember someone has said he hears the cow of the cover when he listens Pink Floyd Atom Heart Mother. Well I donīt hear exactly the cow, but the atmosphere in album is quite same to me as it is in the black and white picture in the gatefold where cows are in the meadow. Since the nineties when cd came, the covers hasnīt been as important because they arenīt as big anymore they donīt also look so great anymore. Itīs just no use to put for example same kind of details in the cd-cover as it was in album covers in seventies.

I think SY covers has always been piece of art, even those first album covers. My favourite is BMR-cover. I used to have ownmade t-shirt from the BMR-cover, not because the music, just because the cover. I weared it so much that it became full of holes, so my wife threw it away.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|