View Single Post
Old 10.25.2011, 11:36 AM   #15287
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
with all the talk of bjork the other day (i forget which thread) i decided to finally watch this:

von trier is a fucking sentimental sadist. this was a bit fucking much. okay, i get it, you want to fuck musicals upside down and make dreadful things happen, but this was over the top. bjork was fucking great though as a part-retard creature, her little piglet face under those big glasses. she was brilliant.

the rest of the casting left much to be desired-- catherine deneuve as a factory worker? really? doesn't fit the type. a swede playing an american for wannabe boyfriend? come on. everybody had a fucking accent here, which takes away from the story. and i guess it's okay because the story is a fucking shameless manipulation.

also, all the talk of cronenberg got me rewatching this:

well, fuck, that was fucking great. the nc-17 version restores nipple and crotch shots where they rightfully belong. great fucking movie. it's a difficult one, and i need to see it again. DVD comes without commentary so you can find the criterion laserdisc mp3 on the interwebs.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|