Thread: Ask Pookie
View Single Post
Old 04.03.2007, 07:03 PM   #297
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number One
Dear Pookie,

Here at Alpha Bravo HQ atop Mt. Doom (which, funnily enough, is a volcano), I am having trouble integrating my new recruits with the veteran special-ops team. The older members of Alpha Bravo seem to be reacting quite negatively to having new colleagues. Why, just this morning, I caught Agent X lurking in the air vents above one of the new recruit's rooms. I found he was carrying quite a dangerous weapon (which for national security's sake I cannot describe). To teach him a lesson, I had him chained to a wall in the lava room. This was only a short term solution, however- what lasting solutions do you suggest to ease this apprehension?

Sincerely,
Number One,
Alpha Bravo Team.

Integrating new team members is always a difficult one. But I've used the following method many times, with great success:

Gather all of your team together, and use a game show format during the meeting. Before the meeting, ask the new recruits to list their top 20 favourite ways to kill an enemy combatant. Each of these index cards is thrown into a hat.

During the meeting, the game show “Host” (pick someone with a great sense of humour!) will bring up the new recruits and ask for volunteer contestants from the "audience". The host will create two teams of contestants with about four people per team. The rest of the veteran ops-team is the “studio audience”.

Here’s how the game works: the host draws a method of killing from the hat and reads it to the first team of contestants. They have to guess which new recruit matches the fact. If they guess correctly, they get one point. If they miss, the other team of contestants gets a chance to guess. If they are right, they get a point. If wrong, the method of dispatch can be practiced on them. Keep alternating teams for as many facts as you wish, or until all the team are dead. The winning team can win a prize.

Besides getting a lot of laughs, the whole room will learn a lot about the new recruits and it should stimulate a lot of stories and ongoing conversation long after the game is over.

Hope that helps Number One.

Oh and keep up the good work.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|