View Single Post
Old 03.12.2009, 09:51 PM   #87
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
not into karl bauer's stuff at all, he always just struck me as a totally bland artist with awesome friends (matthew bower, neil cambell, dylan nyoukis, etc...), i like his prettier stuff best though.

speaking of pretty, how about christina carter? she pretty much influenced all these lo fi girls with the spooky lo fi folk noise thing, and her album "original darkness" that i just heard is folk just the way i like; trippy, etheral, atmospheric, minimal, and incrediby fucking beautiful. she has become a great guitar player and has such a beatuiful voice. the last track, "do you recognize my voice" has that amazing slow high pitched but muted synth progression going on to start off the song and then it fades ito the background as an incredibly simple but effective guitar pattern kicks in, and then chrsitina with her lush as hell make you cry voice. there are only a few singers in the world who can make my jaw drop while singing in a normal melodic style; curtis mayfield, van morrison, stevie wonder, etc... carter ranks among there for me. id even rank this amoing my favorite charalambides records.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|