View Single Post
Old 03.19.2007, 04:45 PM   #86
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Dead.
On.

You have nothing to do with where you are born; it's just a given. Big deal.
And yes, I think it's ridiculous for a fifth-generation American to be talking about their hot temper being attributed to "being Italian" or their love of drink to "being Irish." There is a point at which you are simply too far removed from the "old country" to have any real claim on it.
i don't know why anyone would attribute any shitty part of their personality to their geography. i've seen fat slobs on the street all over the world, but does that mean that they were american?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
but on the other hand it would be madness to say that the environment or culture you grow up in doesn't influence your behaviour

i agree with this and i am not contradicting the statement i made above in my agreement.