View Single Post
Old 10.02.2007, 10:31 AM   #75
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
thinking about the beginner thing for a second...

I got into noise because I started out by screaming into a microphone and posting it on mp3.com when I was in 8th grade.. recording feedback and stuff.. you know, "Revolutionary" shit, haha.. I wasn't even aware that people did that for a living.. someone reccomended merzbow, and I heard "soft water rhinoceros". I think that the idea that people were making noise never surprised me, but it was initially difficult to approach as a listener. I completely immersed myself in it for a while, you know, and I listened to the Merzbox in 2 whole weekends about 3 or 4 years ago.

Quite frankly, I think immersing yourself in noise is the best way to go. Let it soak in. I dont' know if there really are "Beginner's" records, since noise itself is so broad and there are so many directions you can go in. Just get used to enjoying and loving sounds. Someone once said to me that noise is the sound of life itself. I hit him and kissed him.

http://www.ctheory.net/articles.aspx?id=314 <-- that is quite interesting

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|