View Single Post
Old 02.16.2013, 01:40 PM   #120
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I can't help but think that some of us are just so goddamn jaded that we find ways to be disappointed with anything and everything.

It's a NEW my bloody valentine album for fuck's sake!

WORD! But I think it's probably not a matter of being jaded or not but rather depending on the expectations you had.

Some people expected something radically new or innovative while others were just blown away by the mere fact that MBV finally released some previously unheard material (I'd consider myself one of these). Imho it's probably too much to hope for new material that is pushing the envelope or carries on their legacy in fresh and innotive ways.

I could be wrong about that though and in case they release something new in that direction sometime in the future I wouldn't mind to stand corrected. It's just that most bands run their course sooner or later and attempts to find a new sound are often not appreciated or mocked by critics and fans. What kept MBV fresh is that they stopped producing new stuff at the height of their popularity (That is after the release of Loveless of course).

Like I stated before I adore Loveless and I really dig that m b v is picking up where its predecessor left off. I wasn't expecting much more than that, hell I wasn't even expecting that they'd release that fucker. And with that in mind this is a damn great album. Brilliantly produced drony and dreamy Shoegaze in 2013, what more could I ask for?

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|