View Single Post
Old 02.11.2013, 01:43 PM   #102
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
I don't know... first listen struck me as pretty underwhelming, but its growing more now but i still can't help to feel that the album as a whole sounds abit "dated" and it makes sense since this material was written in the 90's. some of the songs have alot of the same feeling and tone as in "loveless" and then there are those heavily electronic dance percussion type tracks (like jungle beats) that make the 2nd have of it sound lazyily produced and haphazard to me (especially "nothing is"). the weird guitar-esque solo track thats in the intro to "in another way" sounds like something the smashing pumpkins would do. alot of the parts of this album sound way too busy and not subtle enough that mbv have been known for me at least. "is this and yes" is pretty great, the repeating synth-esque thing reminds me of that gastr del sol track on "camofleur". I'd be more interested on what Kevin and the band could pull off today as far as songwriting and recording technique are concerned, but damn it may take him another 21 years to do that... for being known as such a "perfectionist" for years now, i'm abit surprised and baffled by this "new" album... it should've been labelled as a "lost" album in a way. all that said, i still love this band though and always will...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|