View Single Post
Old 03.01.2010, 02:18 PM   #74
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

also, the exploitation, in Rastafari we are VERY VERY sensitive of this. If DUBSTEP artists use rastafari culture/image/language/concepts we would prefer they come to Rastafari directly, and this not racial/ethnic, this is cultural. Rastafari are as much upset with fakin jamaicans or boogie black folks as with white kids from the burbs wearing One Love t-shirts to the country club

Rastafari doesn't hold the exclusive dominion on Jamaican culture. A quick Google search suggests that Rasta are 5% of the Jamaican population. You might as well criticise dancehall/ ragga for building on Rasta culture. I know a lot of the roots guys hold Rastafari very dear, but I'd imagine that the criticism of, say, Spragga Benz or Ward 21 wouldn't be because of their use of slang but because of their spiritual slackness.

I'm not saying that people shouldn't be sensitive to religious and spiritual beliefs - but they shouldn't attempt to prohibit musical expression because of the similarity of linguistic or musical vernacular.

Big up man like SYRfox. Hold tight bredrin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|