View Single Post
Old 02.02.2018, 08:29 PM   #41000
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
What's the non-profit? Or at least the general cause if you don't want to give the name?

Sorry too personal. General cause is securing grants for needy and at-risk families to help with education, housing, etc. It’s a fairly big agency, at least regionally, and they do a lot. But it would be a means to an end... making the jump from beat journalist to publicist is how you turn the most-punchable-lowest-paying profession into a legit career, ideally Doug PR for a university. Many a journalist has followed this path.

Sorry I can’t say more.

Took the whole thing to my boss and they asked what they could do to keep me, and I said pay me the same amount they’re offering and I’m yours. Waiting for a sure-to-disappoint counteroffer coming Monday.

I’m not tooting my own horn, but my leaving would really throw my paper into chaos, considering the year we’ve had. But I have to go where the money is.

Just... damn. My managing editor cried when I told her. Fuck.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|