View Single Post
Old 03.24.2014, 01:32 PM   #17928
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i wanted to answer him too but melly has left the building (he said temporarily, anyway)

watched lars von trier's medea which is an homage to carl theodor dreyer (it was his screenplay that "von" trier shot). i think it was made for tv, and the dvd looked horrible, not sure if it was a lousy transfer or that's how the original looked (washed out, fucked) but i have to say THE COMPOSITION OF THE SHOTS WAS AMAZING. incredible visual imagination on the part of lvt (or maybe he just ripped off dreyer). in any case-- YES, CINEMA. that is the fucking language of moving pictures. god damn i was blown away by something that looked like an old worn out and faded umax tape from a video archive. simply incredible.

i cant find my favorite shots on the internet but there were some incdebibe shots underwater and shots with projections behind it and such fucking visual poetry, it was incredible.

Have you seen Pasolini's version of Medea? That spoiled me from liking any other one. LVT's version is visually brilliant but Pasolini's is on another level altogether. Funnily enough Pasolini was as obsessed with Dreyer as LVT is but Pasolini for me transcended him while LVT's still just a fan. Only in comparison, I love LVT, but when he treads on Pasolini territory he gets put into sharp context. Like trying to do The Satyricon after Fellini.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|