View Single Post
Old 02.05.2009, 05:16 AM   #67
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
But, uh, I don't overlook band's faults just because they're "aesthetically pleasing". Captain Beefheart, for example, is my favorite musician of all time -- and I even I can admit he has probably at least 20 songs I fucking HATE! Mostly on those 2 sellout albums but whatever. The Fall? They have a bunch of experimental rave bullshit songs I hate! I could go on all day.

I'm not biased in the least in my opinions. I call it like I hear it. And I don't pigeonhole shit. All bands are created equal in my mind; they either suck or they don't. Animal Collective are an interesting band but to be completely honest, in the genre they inhabit (the so-called new weird america/freak folk/whatever scene; I wouldn't call that a "genre" perse but hey NOW I'M PIGEONHOLIN' 'EM MAAAAAAAN), they are definitely amongst the lesser bands. I mean, if you want to talk about groundbreaking, innovative, forward-thinking, melodically pleasing music, CERBERUS SHOAL is the ultimate band in that genre. Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked.

It seems like you automatically act like someone's biased or there's some hidden agenda behind a person not thinking the new Animal Collective album is amazing. But here's a sad fact: It's just not that great of an album; in fact, it's a chore to sit through. It does have some good songs on it, though. And I'm glad a popular band actually has some listenable songs. But damn get off your "Animal Collective is God, fuck anyone that says otherwise!" kick.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|