Thread: the gossip
View Single Post
Old 10.14.2009, 02:44 PM   #291
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
same goes with me and feminism. you would say i am one, it was more apparent maybe when i was very young, but in reality im more of a human rights person, workers rights, citizen's rights..(and big time anti-violence person)..that there shouldnt be an issue of whether women should do this or that, because they are humans too. its almost like i take this for granted, that this is how things should be and act from there and on.

The reason I call myself a feminist is because women are commonly excluded from human rights dialogue. Their bodies are taken to be the transmitters of culture. It is important for me to emphasize my feminism because otherwise, women's rights will be ignored. This is because it has become so naturalized to think of women as fitting into certain subservient roles because of their biology. Women and men are certainly different, but it is impossible to examine their differences objectively without the influence of cultural bearings.

That being said, I am a feminist because i am a humanist.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|