Thread: Rather Ripped
View Single Post
Old 12.08.2010, 03:56 AM   #126
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
So, it seems to me that you donīt have any arguments for your opinion about Rather Ripped. And I can make to that conclusion that your opinion is only based on that "common truth" here in this gossip that Rather Ripped sucks. Is there anybody in this gossip who can explains to me why he hates Rather Ripped?
Because the songs sound weak, songwriting on the album isn't what they got me used to up to Murray St., and sonically it's the most conventional Sonic Youth album that I can think of, and one that I would never remotely think of playing to someone who doesn't know who they are if I were to show them what they're capable of and why they got the reputation they have as a band. Also, together with Sonic Nurse this record has some of the weakest vocal deliveries by T. Moore. Lyrics range from ok (Reena, Rats) to plain awful (Do You Believe in Rapture). To me it seems that you're the one who's feeling more than a little insecure about your taste in SY albums to the extent you assume all their fans dislike it because that's the right thing to do, which made me wonder if you actually like it that much yourself and have a penchant for being a contrarian. After all, guess what, on these two threads you're presenting wishy-washy explanations as to why I should love this record as much as you do. Clear proof of that is that you're failing to accept the fact that some people simply dislike this record and you feel interfered
with by that. It's ok, relax, nobody is going to burn down your house if you enjoy RR.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|