View Single Post
Old 10.01.2013, 06:47 AM   #163
the end of the ugly

guest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's assesguest kicks all y'all's asses
never mind me, I'm just curmudgeonly well beyond my years, just embittered for no apparent reason.

but you know what frustrates me? I was listening to the radio before and the first track from kanye's record, produced by daft punk came on, and it was abrasive as fuck (relative to pop music). like I mean it was little more than a few synth farts, and it wasn't necessarily the most original thing I've ever heard, but christ, it's definitely a step up from the sub-steely dan meets chic dross they routinely churn out. that steadfast refusal to so much as confront, much less challenge their listener really marks them as a bunch of dicks to me.

and like I mean shit, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khBWLKuEKrM) isn't even that bad, especially in a club context. and then that one made some genuinely fucking unsettling stuff for the soundtrack to gaspar noe's irreversible, really bleak, cavernous dark ambient type choonage.

it's just lazy, that's it. they're so fucking content with being rich as hell as to completely ignore the entirety of the goings-on in music, and as such have the audacity to think that getting fucking nile rodgers on a record will make them 'current'. while I may not like kanye west, I can respect him for at least continuing to challenge himself, and thereby his audience. plus gold digger is siq.
guest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|