View Single Post
Old 02.14.2010, 04:59 AM   #2
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
What albums are you currently listening to?
Currently I'm not listening any album, but only the radio programs coming from the foreign states, because I can be aware of the musical kaleidoscope is surrounding me. It's really great!

What is your opinion on the todays music in general?
Today's music in general is very fragile and superficial. Even in the avant-gardist field, only very few people are keeping the genuine experimentation flag high.

In your opinion, where do you stand as an artist? Do you see yourself as an underground artist? As an alternative to the mainstream? Where would you place yourself on a schematic sketch of the music world?
I can see myself as an underground/alternative/unconformist artist, but it's only my personal thought; probably from the outside the critics would define me in another way. Anyhow, I don't know exactly where to place myself, maybe in another dimension?

Ive read in other interviews that youre pretty unknown in your homeland (Italy) are you pleased with this or would you rather it was a different way?
That's right, but I'm not worried about this, even because in my homeland there is the melodic/traditional culture and I don't feel a need be part of this even though I'm living beside it.

From digging into your biography Ive found that you havent released any albums between 1992 and 1998, what are the reasons for this?
To tell the truth, I remained absent from the scenes from 1984 until the 1997, and the reasons are that I had already expressed all my own creativity, and to avoid useless repetitions I preferred to stop everything with music, but not in life because on 1984 I became a true Christian and my life was lightened by the God's eternal Word!

What made you go back to composing and releasing albums?
The awareness to open a new chapter in my experimental history, more intimate and careful.

What made you decide to do an album like Blut und nebel, which consists mostly of remixes?
To move against the mainstream, rediscovering hidden sounds filtered with the current spiritual maturity, and the final result is very exciting!

What was the work process on it like? How did you feel about re-working on your older materials?
The process was initially to create some looped effects, after re-treated and electronically filtered with Sandro Kaiser's devices, in order to obtain a velvety effect, very suggestive. I must admit that when I re-worked with such old materials I felt certain restlessness, due probably to hidden ghosts that tried to reoccur, but now I'm feeling completely satisfied.

Do you work on digital or analog equipment these days? Do you miss the times when it was completely analog?
In the present I work completely with very simple and Spartan analogical equipment, and those epic times remained forever in my mind...One way or another it was a "poetic" age.

What equipment are you currently working with?
With a cassette-tape with microphone incorporated, a DVD-player machine with some special functions and a lot of creativity.

Do you have any other interests besides music?
I'm completely involved in religion, but not the traditional one, so empty and futile, and I like to do abstract photographs to use for my albums.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|